Business Gas is an essential for many businesses throughout the UK but as with many bills you may find that you have kept the same supplier since you moved in. This means you could be paying over the odds for your business gas and that’s where we can help. Reducing your gas costs can have a big impact your bottom line and if you look at reducing gas and electric you may be able to save thousands per year. Business gas can literally be burning a hole in your pocket!
To get an accurate business gas quote there are a few things that are helpful to have to hand:
- Your annual Business Gas consumption
- Full Address and post code of each commercial property you own or rent
- Your most recent business gas bill
If saving costs wasn’t motivation enough to switch over we have another reason that’s not always considered – the good of the economy, power to the people, the start of a business gas price revolution! OK that may be slightly exaggerated but if more people switch suppliers naturally going for cheaper deals it means the energy companies themselves will have to become more competitive. They would also need to think more about how to keep existing business and become innovative which all means added value for you and other businesses just like you across the UK.
If you are a high level consumer of commercial gas you may find that you can ask the provider for a tailored quote to save even more money. There are a few points that are good to know for high business gas users:
- You may have an Authorised Supply Capacity (the maximum amount of gas your business is permitted to use which is set by the gas transporter)
- For very high business gas use, some premises may be supplied on an interruptible basis (where your gas supply can be interrupted if agreed). It’s worth noting that if you have this kind of service already in place and are switching suppliers it is very important that you provide your new gas supplier with emergency contact details for these premises, in accordance with the Gas Safety Management Regulations.
- Emergency contact details will also be required for sites consuming over 25k therms. When switching your new provider can give you more information should you have any questions.